Job Title: Voice Switch Planning Engineer
Job Location: 100% remote
Start Date: TBD
Term: 60 days
Job description: This role will provide provisioning support to accelerate the decommissioning of legacy switch peripherals in a public switched network. This program grooms lines and trunks on 5ESS and DMS-100 and other end office switches. This role inputs the planned subscriber line moves into a operational support system, and issues field instructions (work orders) for the line moves to a field operations team.
- Prepare selected offices administratively for grooming .
- Create workorders for equipment consolidation
- Issue Orders.
- Reviews office load and maintain pending orders.
- Order discrepancy resolution.
- Database updates and reconciliation.
- Experience working with Legacy-T product platforms
- Experience with Telcordia SWITCH Database
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Circuit migration experience
- Must possess strong analytical skills, to identify critical business areas early in an application and prioritize test cases accordingly
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Former Central Office Technician experience
- Experience with FOMS/INOV8 systems
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, quick learner, team player.
- Understands strategic network architecture planning and network evolution policy
- Ability to evaluate new and emerging technologies for addition and/or application to existing network systems
- Great communication skills to work with customers
- Amazing problem-solving skills
- A technical degree is preferable
- Ability to communicate in English
Education: Technical Degree preferred.