Have excellent MySQL database administration skills and experienced working with MySQL in a Linux environment? We are growing and looking for a new MySQL DBA. We have some large MySQL databases so looking for someone that has worked on enterprise level MySQL and has an understanding of some of the underlying storage engines such as InnoDB and MyISAM. The role involves some amount of scripting (we use Perl, Bash or other shell scripting languages, and Python) and optimization of SQL statements. Experience with Ansible would be preferred.
To be qualified for this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience as a DBA
- Good understanding of the administration of MySQL and MariaDB
- Proficiency in SQL
- System administration skills in Linux [preferable] and/or Windows
- Knowledge of at least one other major database product including, but not limited to, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, Cassandra, Postgres
- Good knowledge of shell scripting; additional coding skills, such as Ansible, would be advantageous
- Troubleshooting skills and an ability to determine the root cause of an issue quickly
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges, and a desire for continuous personal and technical development
- An attention to detail
We do provide 24x7 support but have a flexible work environment so if you have to work an evening, you do not have to work the next day! Again, this role is 100% remote so you can work from home where ever you live! We work with some sensitive data so our organization will require a FBI level background check and you must have a good credit history as well. We have excellent benefits and offer a good, stable work environment with a strong, collaborative team.
If this opportunity is a good match for your background, please apply now so we can begin a discussion and answer any questions you may have!