Have excellent MySQL database administration skills and experienced working with MySQL in a Linux environment? We are growing and looking for a new MySQL DBA. We have a clustered and non-clustered environment so ideally seeking someone with experience in both and also with the Percona 'tools' for MySQL. We have some large MySQL databases so looking for someone that has worked on enterprise level MySQL and has an understanding of some of the underlying storage engines such as InnoDB and MyISAM. We are also looking for someone that has done replication in MySQL.
The role involves some amount of scripting (we use Perl, Bash or other shell scripting languages, and Python) and optimization of SQL statements. Our offices are based in Atlanta, GA but the role can be 100% remote.
To be qualified for this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Managing large scale MySQL databases
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Hands on experience with designing and implementing database replication strategies
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
We do provide 24x7 support but have a flexible work environment so if you have to work an evening, you do not have to work the next day! Again, this role is 100% remote so you can work from home even after Covid! We work with some sensitive data so our organization will require a FBI level background check and you must have a good credit history as well. We have excellent benefits and offer a good, stable work environment with a strong, collaborative team. If this opportunity is a good match for your background, please apply now so we can begin a discussion and answer any questions you may have!