MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling multiple positions around the country due to rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Do you excel with sales management? Do you have a love for operations and working with and overseeing people in a sales environment? This position may be for you!!!
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Multi-Market Sales Manager is a key member of the sales management team and has significant responsibility for the sales function and performance of their assigned markets.
The Multi-Market Sales Manager oversees, coaches, and supports the sales force to ensure achievement of revenue and growth plan for their markets. (S)he is a key contributor in working with the local markets’ Sales management team in the development and delivery of the markets’ daily, weekly, monthly, and annual Sales Plan, and is responsible for all activities related to the client’s sales activities in their markets and for ensuring that our customers receive a superior sales experience while finding the right product for their home or business.
The Multi-Market Sales Manager’s duties include:
Deliver the business
- Beat the markets’ sales plan to over-deliver the markets’ revenue plan at acceptable margin levels
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences 100% of the time. Address and resolve any customer issues related to sales appointments
- Work with the sales rep schedules and allocate appointments
- Field phone calls from sales reps and help mentor, coach and facilitate their ability to close new orders
- Provide daily and weekly motivation and support to sales reps
- Plan and deliver weekly educational and hot topic meetings with all sales contractors
- Monitor and track key sales metrics; recommend and take actions to improve
- Participate in/lead sales and management meetings as scheduled
Develop the business
- Working with local management teams to forecast and deliver on monthly sales goals
- Forecast staffing needs and work with sales recruiters to recruit and hire new sales reps
- Meet with (physically or virtually) and assess new sales rep contractors
- Support Empire’s sales education program for newly hired sales reps
- Provide performance opportunities to sales reps
- Complete in-field ride-along assessments with sales reps to help improve their performance
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in consumer sales or sales management roles, with prior experience in a route-based / outside / in-home direct sales environment and at least 3 of:
- a home improvement / high average ticket product that includes financing
- an environment that prioritizes a first-call close
- a high volume setting (4+ sales appointments per day and 10+ direct reports)
- a highly-leveraged compensation system (rep-level variable comp at 60% or higher of TAE)
- Minimum of 3 years sales management experience in a route-based / outside / in-home direct sales setting. Experience in multiple of the above settings is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability as a manager to repeatedly hit quota and grow territory revenue while achieving quality and productivity targets (and improvement)
- Demonstrated ability to improve team performance over time through recruiting, retention, and education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proficient computer skills with fluency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasive skills