Title: Motion Designer/Video Editor
Location: San Francisco
Client is looking for a video content creator with both motion design and video production experience to join our in-house creative team. The primary role of this position will be creating compelling and creative videos for internal marketing, social and our corporate website. Depending on the subject or style, videos will be motion graphic animation, live action or a combination of both. You will work alongside business stakeholders, marketing directors, the creative team, and developers to bring well branded, videos to life. The secondary role of this position may include traditional graphic design work producing assets such as print collateral, presentations, illustrations etc. This is a contract position for a minimum one-year term working full time.
- Create impactful video content for digital channels.
- Work directly with creative leads, project managers and fellow designers handling day to day requests from our marketing team and other stakeholders.
- With direction from the creative lead or project manager, produce a variety of videos from start to finish on a regular basis.
- Work closely with partners to intake information and abstract ideas, help script and storyboard those ideas to produce informative and interesting videos to watch.
- Follow a set job workflow to ensure tasks are met on time.
- Ensure all design assets (lower thirds, music, title cards etc) adhere to the First Republic brand standards.
- Receive stakeholder feedback and iterate, as needed.
- Collaborate with designers, writers and creative team leads.
- Be able to work 30-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Professional portfolio with several examples of both motion design and live action video work.
- Minimum two years of professional experience.
- Expert in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Be able to comfortably work using both Mac and Windows OS.
- Basic graphic design experience (e.g. print, iconography, illustrations etc)
- Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Highly skilled in motion design and video editing.
- All around experience in video including motion graphics, video editing, sound editing, color correction/grading, scripting/storyboarding.
- Positive attitude and enjoys working with others.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to run with ideas to move projects forward.
- Confident, responsible, and enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple jobs in a fast-paced environment.
- Develops relationships with other teams to foster trust, communication, and collaboration.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Deep understanding of latest video trends and tools available.
- Experience with shooting on location using basic A/V equipment, lighting etc.
- Experience with Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop a major plus.
- You take pride in being punctual and organized.
- You’re a nice person to be around with a sense of humor.
- Experience working in a regulated industry (such as finance) or a service industry.
- Experience producing work for corporate clients.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a project management system such as Wrike, Workfront, Asana etc.