Supervises mortgage loan closing activities and functions. Ensures balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Company. Detects problems and develops solutions in a proactive manner. Monitors customer service standards by assisting with operational problem resolution. Manages employees by setting and assessing performance goals and establishing work schedules/priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
Minimum 5 years minimum prior Mortgage Closing experience.
Leadership experience at least at Team Lead Level or more
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises Closing personnel in the day-to-day functions of Closing services.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in local real estate markets as well as changing rules/regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and RD.
- Administers all closing functions within the assigned organization. Ensures that all policies and procedures are aligned with corporate goals and initiatives and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that all data is input into the system accurately and timely and that all applications have met regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development/implementation of customer service standards. Provides written reports on service standards, including turnaround time.
- Keeps informed of rules and regulations as they pertain to RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending Practices and all compliance regulations.
- Evaluates work flow procedures and implements changes to improve efficiencies. Ensures that all policies and procedures set by business unit are being followed.
- Creates and maintains follow-up procedures. Responsible for overseeing the training of new Closers to ensure accurate and consistent work flows are communicated. Provides direct back up for subordinates in closing. Reviews closing packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior Mortgage Closing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage industry from point of sale through shipping as well as investor sales and requirements, including mortgage automated systems.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA, VA, RD, FNMA and FHLMC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated bank product and service knowledge.
- Proven written and verbal communication.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Team building.
- Compile statistics, prepare forecasts and recommendations.
- Effective decision making skills.
- PC Proficiency with Windows based software in Word, Outlook and Excel.