Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Location: Open to Jersey City, NJ or Irving, TX
Term: 12+ months contract
The mortgage auditor role will be responsible for the review of closed or closing loans to ensure full compliance with regulatory guidelines and processes. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the key regulations as they pertain to the Mortgage process, and particularly the closing process and apply that knowledge while conducting audits within the team.
- Serve as a subject matter expertise for all regulations and processes pertaining to the Mortgage Operations process/Closing
- Create effective checklist templates to be followed as part of performing reviews on closing loans, or loans that already closed
- Create a process to save all audit results in a clear and concise manner to be easily retrievable at a later time
- Proactively review closing loans against a predefined list of checklist template to ensure that the loans are fully compliant with mortgage regulations
- Own / Drive follow ups for Compliance and Audit deliverables, including regulatory deliverables
- Identify training opportunities and training sessions with staff on areas where needed
- Assist with ensuring all staff are following policies and procedures and complying with all regulations and processes
- Assist with creating training materials and an overall training curriculum to ensure all staff are fully knowledgeable in all processes and regulations pertaining to their role
- Implement a process that will enable us to confirm the level of expertise held by staff and to determine where additional training may be needed
- Daily sign off on regulatory compliance items (daily all clear emails)
- Expert knowledge of the Mortgage regulations and processes, particularly as it relates to the closing process and in a large bank. Private Bank experience a plus.
- Minimum 7 years in either a mortgage audit related role or a closing manager role with direct responsibility for regulatory and compliance oversight
- Proven experience working with auditors and regulators
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills