Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: MongoDB Developer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 12 months
- Migrate processes from non-supported to core technologies to transform application from legacy to newer techs supported by EFT
- Migrate old system to Mongo
- 75% Development, 25% for Scrum Agile and Design meetings
- Resource will be utilized as a developer and will assist other developers to improve performance
- Recommend and implement best practices for Rest API integration framework/model
- Develop MongoDB and API prototypes and proofs of concept
- Assist developers in detecting performance problems using MMS and Mongo Profiler
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum 7-10+ years of overall experience
- Ideally 5+ years of previous working experience as a MongoDB Developer
- MongoDB and Cassandra are both No SQL Databases, either acceptable for this role
- Example: Candidate can have 3 years of experience with Cassandra and 2 years of experience with Mongo
- SQL Server Experience
- Traditional Database experience is acceptable
- Example: SQL Server OR Oracle OR DB2 combo
- Specialized technical knowledge of the MongoDB platform
- Design and development experience building a reusable REST API model/framework to
- Experience consuming data from and/or push data into MongoDB (or similar technology)
- In depth knowledge of modeling/architectural patterns, governance methodologies, and potential limitations within MongoDB
- Comprehend and translate business requirements into technical specifications and build elegant, efficient, and scalable solutions based on specifications
- Strong communication skills
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills