Job Title: Mobile Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Job Description: A Big Data team is looking for a proven Mobile Software Quality Assurance Engineer to validate iQ Agent integrations on target devices. They want people who are driven by releasing high quality solutions; solving challenging validation problems with creative solutions; have proven to communicate clearly Testing Status and lead RCA for issues found. Superstar candidates are going to Certify Devices without unknown issues found after launch.
- Lead designated Quality Assurance Projects and deliver status reports and results in schedule.
- Develop, execute, validate test cases, document results, log issues found and lead RCA to closure.
- Develop and automate test plans based on product requirements increasing test coverage.
- Develop and test automation on the Android OS.
- Provide in-depth understanding on Android Device testing tools, including debugging, and defining the AOSP release impact on existing SW.
- Collaborate with project managers and development teams to capture validation requirements and audit test coverage.
- 5+ years of software testing experience
- 3+ years of Android mobile device testing experience
- Proven experience with test automation tools like Appium and/or Espresso
- Good wireless telecom protocols knowledge (LTE, GSM/UMTS, VoLTE, WI-FI…)
- Good experience with debugging tools like logcat (Andriod tool), QXDM (Qualcomm chipset tool), PCAP/WireShark (Network Packet Capture), Network Simulator log
- Knowledge of Qualcomm chipset is preferred.
- Experience with Rohde & Schwarz CMW500 network simulator or similar equipment is preferred.
- Some script language (shell, bash, python) knowledge is required.
Education: Bachelors in CS or EE, Masters preferred