Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Middleware Developer
Location: Irving, Texas, 75063
Term: 12 months
- This position is responsible for participating in the creation and implementation of a technology framework and providing strong technical expertise to application development teams and senior technology management.
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of Core Java experience with java open source stack & frameworks, Spring, Spring boot
- Must have experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL with Transaction Management and persistence frameworks such as Hibernate, myBatis/iBatis and JPA
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 4+ years experience in microservices development
- 4+ years in agile methodology (must)
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Design Patterns, OOP and SOA
- Strong Experience in DevOps processes, CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, uDeploy, Git, Nexus etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in financial industry
- Experience using CQRS framework like Axon, Akka, Cqrslite etc.
- Experience with integration and building API’s in REST using TIBCO, MuleSoft, Camel, Fuse etc.
- 5+ years of ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
- Experience in working with BPM or Workflow such as IBM BPM, jBPM, Activiti, Camunda, ODM, Drools, jRules etc.
- Experience in working utilizing domain driven design, event driven architecture and SOLID principles
- Experience in messaging technologies: Kafka, IBM MQ, Active MQ
- Experience in Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes and Knowledge and understanding of public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Azure or Google
- Experience supporting senior level leaders/executives
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative, change-driven organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project development and testing lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to mentor and train less experienced staff
- Experience in Scrum/Agile environment preferably SAFe
- Experience using APM tools (Splunk, AppDynamics) is a plus
- Experience with Enterprise Security API
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions