Title: Mid Level Azure DevOps Engineer
Type: Direct hire
Location: Irving, TX / Non Local + Remote is OK!
Our Client is seeking a mid level Azure DevOps Engineer skilled who has windows server experience.
The Azure DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementation, management, and automation of the public cloud offerings. The Azure Engineer will assist with the design and provide cloud training to other members of the team. This person will operate in a multitenant cloud environment that consists of 500+ companies, 3 global private datacenters, and a public cloud presence.
In cooperation with other internal teams, he/she delivers the highest level of technical expertise and excellence in cloud management to meet the customers’ established expectations. He/she works across multiple teams to define cloud technology requirements, policies, and standards.
Principal Responsibilities, Activities and Accountabilities:
- Manage multiple Azure Subscriptions across different global regions
- Administer global management tools and framework for governance and cost controls
- Develop and deploy solutions to integrate, automate, and orchestrate cloud operational needs
- Manage Azure identities for 200+ subscriptions
- Develop and implement multi-tenant environments within Azure and hybrid clouds
- Develop and implement continuous integration process for Services and Solutions
- Be familiar with automation processes using VS Code, PowerShell, ARM, JSON and scripting utilities
- Create implementation guidelines and reusable design templates wherever possible
- Work with entire Cloud Practice team to develop cloud skillsets
- Establish engineering and automation objectives for colleagues
- Consult with customers on net new and migration cloud projects
- Provide third-level support and provide root cause analysis of issues
- Monitor ticket queue, managed assigned tickets and escalations in accordance with corporate SLAs
In addition to hands-on responsibility, the following activities may involve oversight of others’ work:
- Maintain and verify system documentation in a DevOps/Git Repository
- Maintain security standards in Azure per the Center for Internet Security benchmarks
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance
- Respond promptly to resolve issues reported through the ticketing system.
- Assist with cost management and capacity planning
- Windows Server Experience
- Comply with policies, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Resolve technical issues within Service Level Agreements.
- Support implementation of customer initiatives.
- Maintain technical expertise.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives for solving problems or improving processes and procedures.
- Manager of Azure Cloud Engineering
- Datacenter and Cloud Services teams.
- Various Customers and vendors.
- Prefer college degree in Computer Science or related field
- Technical Certifications preferred: Microsoft Associate and Expert in Azure related objectives
- 3-5 years designing and administrating various cloud platforms in a large-scale environment.
- Preferred platforms: Azure (AWS and Google are also in use)
- 3 year developing automation and continuous integration processes
- 10 years’ experience in an enterprise IT environment, ideally multi-tenant, that includes administration, support and implementation of networked Windows and Linux server systems.
- Azure Cloud platforms
- Private/Public/Hybrid Cloud automation
- Scripting languages/Data Formats: PowerShell, JSON, ARM
- Continuous Integration tools and strategies, Azure DevOps/Git
- Troubleshooting skills, problem solving and resolution (root cause identification)
- Windows Server Experience
- Internetworking (TCP/IP) administration
- Windows OS and Linux/Unix OS
- Network security
- OSI Model and basic Networking Theory
- Database technologies SQL and NOSQL
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage multiple projects, supervise project execution and prioritize tasks
- Flexibility – work outside normal business hours
- Strong organizational skills