Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Windows Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Term: 12 months
- Initially 5 hours of meetings/discovery calls while working through infrastructure needs. In 3-4 months, it will switch to task base, individual work
- Engineer will work with Windows Server 2012-2019 and IIS.
- Responsibilities will be installing and configuring an application on Windows Servers, requesting and coordinating install of software, resolving problems in production and non-production environments.
- Monitoring programs for system performance
- Troubleshooting performance issues
- Develop specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design, and test solutions.
- Designs complex system upgrades.
- Contribute to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements.
- Develop tools and frameworks to provision infrastructure and manage access controls.
- Design and develop solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Taking on new infrastructure requirements and developing infrastructure code.
- Develops documentation for requirements, operational policies, and procedures, as well as documentation to deploy monitoring tools to the data center and application operations teams.
- Drive solutions to reduce Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR), enable High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Proactively identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyzes/predicts trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintains high service levels for the IT community.
- Direct the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement.
- Internal business partners such as product management, technical leads, systems operations, and service and support.
- Contribute to the vision and high-level technical concepts spanning technology and business.
- Champion and support other team members by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and helping to mentor and grow team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- 3-4+ years Windows Server support
- 2+ years IIS experience – internet information system
- Experience installing windows based software
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience, systems programming experience or combination of both
- Some SQL querying experience to assist with troubleshooting application issues
- Agile experience
- File transmission – specifically with secure FTP
- Knowledge of design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology