Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Micro Focus Programmer Analyst
Location: Atlanta Georgia 30303
Term: 10 months
- Design, code, test, and implement complex programs and packages.
- Develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Coordinate analyses necessary to identify viable solution alternatives, create technical documents, high level solution designs and work estimates.
- Conduct systems tests monitor results and take required corrective actions as needed.
- Help support/manage systems during deployment and pilot until effective transition has occurred to the support teams.
- Provide training on respective system or technology solutions to team members and business partners.
- Participate in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Promote and use the standard systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Define deployment strategies to increase the organization's maturity in tool use.
- Provide technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems and participating in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Select appropriate tools to develop systems and software.
- Deploy and support vendor packaging, designing and building interface around it.
- Provide technical direction in systems analysis, design and development in coordination with enterprise architects and/or solution architects.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Five (5) years of working experience in Microfocus Cobol, UNIX, and Mainframe environment.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and commonly used QA concepts, practices and procedures.
- Prior experience with automated testing tools and stress/load/performance testing environments.
- Demonstrated application design and development knowledge in one or more of the following - object-oriented programming, .Net, JAVA/J2EE, SQL, TFS, COBOL, C#.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!