Job Title: Metro Network Design Engineer
The Metro Network Design Engineer will support AT&T’s Fiber and ROADM network growth initiatives. This role will involve the design of fiber and ROADM equipment jobs, the design of circuits paths and the management of fiber and ROADM capacity.
- Conducting site specific research to covert equipment plans into a network design
- Initiating circuit requests or circuit rearrangements required to complete network projects
- Initiating platform card swaps, upgrades and rearrangements.
- Providing routing and ROADM paths for engineering validation.
- Initiating requests to circuit engineering for new IOF carrier and ROADM system builds.
- Providing current planning engineers expected exhaust of fiber and ROADM assets and develop capacity relief plans.
- Create muxponder networks as required.
- Coordinate and obtain wavelength assignments from current planning as required.
- Initiate and manage capacity orders.
- Partner with loop capacity managers for remote network solutions.
- Build new IOF fiber cables into TIRKS records and provide proper updates to maintain accurate records.
- 5+ years working with Optical and ROADM transport platforms.
- Expertise in ETHERNET, DWDM, OTN and SONET network and infrastructure
- Expertise in utilizing the Network Management Platform for provisioning and proper routing of new client-to-client services, optical links and DWDM demands.
- Experience working with TIRKS database.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills that can be applied to the projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills; highly organized, self-directed and efficient
Preferred bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, Math – or equivalent work experience.