Under general supervision, supports the business needs of an enterprise-owned metadata repository, providing standard data definitions, accurate business rules/calculations, and complete traceability and lineage of governed data within the organization’s systems; formulates strategies and processes to increase sophistication and accuracy to the technical data management environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes Data Profiling on multiple datasets; evaluates the appropriate tools and techniques to efficiently profile multiple data sets
- Interprets data profile outcomes to proactively understand and establish relationships across data sets, improve data lake hydration process
- Determines relationships between business rules and data
- Analyzes the outcomes of Data Quality assessment; evaluates the appropriate tools and techniques to efficiently qualify data and make decisions on data lake hydration process
- Reports measurements on data quality dimensions and processes; implements proactive monitoring data quality to minimize the risk of data inaccuracy
- Implements the rules and actions to be taken to proactively identify data quality problems
- Completes Ingestion Documents following standards, including but not limited to interact with data engineers on technical implementation of ingestion documents
- Implements mechanisms to support ingestion documents structure updates and recommends improvement on the collection of metadata items, included but not limited to business concepts, extraction rules and data origin
- Develops the data extraction rules based on collaboration with SMEs
- Creates source to target mapping documents, follows standards to consistently and accurately represent business rules and data transformations
- Resolves moderately complex data transformations based on business rules
- Implements mechanisms to socialize metadata items and make them systematically available for business and technical users
- Documents the business concepts associated to specific datasets by collaborating with business and technical SMEs to understand business rules
- Implements the mechanisms to socialize business glossary
- Implements mechanisms to socialize the company data dictionary
- Partners with internal and external teams on the adoption of data management and data governance standards and practices throughout the organization
- Assists employees, vendors, or other customers by answering questions related to the recruiting processes
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of three years of demonstrated working experience on metadata management with intermediate knowledge and demonstrated experience of metadata concepts including but not limited to items collection, repositories, technical and/or business content and data lineage and demonstrated experience working with data quality concepts, dimensions and measurements.
- Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated experience in Information Technology and Data Management Agile data governance is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization is necessary.
- Solid computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is necessary.
- Ability to identify problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations.
- Ability to development project documentation, presentation materials and presenting to technical/non-technical audiences.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Demonstrated working experience on cloud-based or serverless environments is preferred.
- Demonstrated working experience on relational databases, SQL is required.
- Demonstrated working experience on Kimball’s methodology is a plus.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics or equivalent experience.