Our client, a leading US retailer headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ is in search of a Metadata Analyst on a contract to hire or direct hire basis, who will be responsible for using data profiling tools for data integration efforts of internal company data and analytics platforms.
6 month contract to hire or direct hire.
Location: Remote to start and will be required to be onsite in Scottsdale, AZ once covid restrictions ease.
Key Skills: Data Profiling tools, Onacala, Informatica, SQL, Tableau Interfaces, ETL, Define and Document API's, Source to Target Mapping, Establishment of Business Rules for data integration, Medium SQL coding.
Under general supervision, supports the business needs of an enterprise-owned metadata repository, providing standard data definitions, accurate business rules/calculations, and complete traceability and lineage of governed data within the organization’s systems; formulates strategies and processes to increase sophistication and accuracy to the technical data management environment.
- Executes Data Profiling on multiple datasets; evaluates the appropriate tools and techniques to efficiently profile multiple data sets
- Interprets data profile outcomes to proactively understand and establish relationships across data sets, improve data lake hydration process
- Determines relationships between business rules and data
- Analyzes the outcomes of Data Quality assessment; evaluates the appropriate tools and techniques to efficiently qualify data and make decisions on data lake hydration process
- Reports measurements on data quality dimensions and processes; implements proactive monitoring data quality to minimize the risk of data inaccuracy
- Implements the rules and actions to be taken to proactively identify data quality problems
- Completes Ingestion Documents following standards, including but not limited to interact with data engineers on technical implementation of ingestion documents
- Implements mechanisms to support ingestion documents structure updates and recommends improvement on the collection of metadata items, included but not limited to business concepts, extraction rules and data origin
US Bachelors Degree
- This position requires a minimum of three years of demonstrated working experience on metadata management with intermediate knowledge and demonstrated experience of metadata concepts including but not limited to items collection, repositories, technical and/or business content and data lineage and demonstrated experience working with data quality concepts, dimensions and measurements.
- Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated experience in Information Technology and Data Management Agile data governance is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization is necessary.
- Solid computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is necessary.
- Ability to identify problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations.
- Ability to development project documentation, presentation materials and presenting to technical/non-technical audiences.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Demonstrated working experience on cloud-based or serverless environments is preferred.
- Demonstrated working experience on relational databases, SQL is required.
- Demonstrated working experience on Kimball’s methodology is a plus.