Title: Messaging Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Contract to hire
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support the company’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Messaging Engineer will play a critical role in engineering, administering and providing Level 2 and 3/4 technical support for our client’s messaging environment as well as other collaboration tools utilized by the bank. Specifically, the incumbent will assist in environment engineering enhancements, daily operational/maintenance activities, incremental upgrades, configuration changes as well as DR processes for the purpose of ensuring messaging systems are functioning properly in alignment with corporate and security policies. The Messaging Engineer will be part of highly experienced team and be provided new challenges on a daily basis.
What you’ll do as a Messaging Engineer:
- Be the service owner for incidents and requests for all messaging and collaboration related services. Take responsibility and ownership for resulting corrective and preventative actions.
- Administration, support and decommissioning of an existing On-Premises Exchange and Collaboration Environments consisting of production and non-production environments, including high availability and DR processes.
- Administration, Engineering and support of Microsoft Office 365 Messaging SaaS Environment (Exchange Online, Microsoft Intune, Teams and other O365 SaaS Collaboration products).
- Provide engineering support in decommissioning On-Premise Mobile Device management infrastructure (consisting of production and non-production environments), including high availability and DR processes.
- Administration of O365 Exchange Online mail security, spam/malware filtering and encryption features.
- Administration of O365 Exchange Online mail routing and message tracking incidents/requests.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 engineering support with troubleshooting Microsoft O365 Exchange, Teams and Intune client side issues.
- Assist with developing scripts to automate Microsoft O365 Messaging centric workflows and operational reports.
- Be part of on-call duty roster and resolve escalations related to messaging and collaboration service incidents.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Significant experience with administering Microsoft O365 Environment and Exchange Online platform including High-Availability and DR processes and Azure Active Directory.
- Significant experience with administering Microsoft O365 Teams including High-Availability and DR processes.
- Experience with migration activates to Microsoft O365 from On-Premise environments.
- Good experience with administering Exchange Online for message hygiene and encryption services.
- Good experience with Active Directory and Windows Server.
- Significant experience with configuring and troubleshooting email transport (SMTP) issues.
- Significant experience with troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Online client side issues.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills pertaining to 2nd and 3rd Level O365 support.
- Foundational to intermediary knowledge of PowerShell scripting for automating and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who is able to work with technical and non-technical individuals alike.
- Willingness to continuously learn and provides extraordinary customer service.
- Furthers the company’s culture and values.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now