Our client is looking for a Project Leader with a background in Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) Integrations, which includes: operational due diligence, integration planning, and execution. This individual will provide coordination & support to IT and Business stakeholders and leads to ensure the M&A integration projects are completed, on-time and within budget. While not working on M&A efforts, this leader will work on general IT/business projects.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Leverage strong project management experience in managing multiple, full-life cycle projects including managing resources and budgets, facilitating teams through the business and technical requirements, process and system design, configuration, testing, training, and defining support procedures.
- Understand business needs and lead delivery across diverse stakeholder groups within businesses and functions to understand existing conditions, requirements, and constraints, and to plan, design, and implement solutions.
- Manage and coordinate across multiple technology groups as well as the system implementation partners to develop project strategies and plans.
- Establish well-defined, measurable goals for self and projects and holds others accountable without direct authority.
- Execute to the strategy/plan, anticipating problems and managing program risks and issues with escalation as appropriate. Ensures Business, Functional and Technical Requirements are documented and maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Leverage strong analytical, problem-solving, writing and communication skills, with ability to present on a variety of functional or technical topics.
- Utilize common project management tools and process enablers for scheduling, requirements, change, test management and measurements for success.
- BS Degree and 8 years of experience or equivalent.
Required Skills and Education
- Merger and Acquisitions M&A project management experience. Ideally in a distribution business.
- Skilled communicator who influences senior leadership and key stakeholders and is comfortable presenting on a wide variety of functional and technical topics to a broad audience
- Experience leading multiple application integrations including experience managing people, processes, and technologies throughout project full-life cycles.
- Experience in managing application delivery teams with agile and/or agile processes, and/or PMBOK processes.
- Experience with engaging stakeholders to capture and prioritize business needs.
- Experience facilitating complex project plans proactively.
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communications with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Great attention to detail and follow through on tasks.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite: Power Point, Excel, Outlook, + Project
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- Mergers and Acquisition integration project experience preferred.
- Divestiture experience is a plus.