Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for the nations premier health innovation company to join our mission of helping people on their path to better health. Be part of our innovative team that is unlocking the power of data to transform the healthcare experience.
Position: Data Analyst (Retail & Merchandising)
Location: Woonsocket, RI, 02895
Term: 5 months (12/07/2020 to 05/07/2021)
- Quantitative Analysis: Collaborate with the Category Management Team(s) to scope and plan any and all financial and quantitative analyses that will aid in day-to-day management of the business and yield critical answers to longer-term strategic questions. Understand the required data sets to complete the analyses and procure them accordingly. Manage the delivery of timely, zero-defect analyses to support insight development. Run ad hoc analysis upon request and provide actionable insights with recommendations for next steps
- Product Management: Run Daily sales, seasonal reporting, weekly vendor reporting and analyze market data to assist in decision making. In addition,
- Partner with Category Management teams to build promotional plans and activities related to everyday and seasonal businesses. Attend proofing meetings and partner with Merchandising Analytics to manage funding.
- Attend seasonal meetings and work with Category Management teams to assist with item selection and coordinate all billing and end of cycle disposition.
- New Item set up and maintenance for planogram and mid-year items.
- Off-Shelf coordination of off-shelf programs with key suppliers, setting up programs and running off-shelf reporting.
- Oversee price change activities.
- Communication Development & Business Reporting: Communicate effectively, both verbally and on paper, to Merchandising and Cross-Functional teams throughout the organization. Partner with outside partners. Assist with communication and reporting on sales performance, seasonal sales and sell thru and ad planning. Distill findings and craft a succinct and powerful business case that effectively communicates actionable recommendations. Support the development of presentations for mid-level and senior executives. In addition to the above, this role will also support the development and execution of CVSs Healthy Food strategy.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Business Analytical Experience: A minimum of three to five years analytical experience in a business environment. Ability to multi-task several concurrent requests and quickly pull together data.
- Structured and Logical Thinking: The ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach, structure analysis, and develop recommended solutions providing actionable insights. Strong problem solver.
- Analytical Rigor: The ability to run and manage quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is expected in this role.
- Passion for Retail: A history of work and/or passion for the retail/consumer industry.
- Powerful Communication: Ability to communicate effectively, succinctly and professionally, both verbally and on paper. Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint is ideal.
- Team Collaboration: Motivated team player able to effectively collaborate with many individuals including the Category Merchandising team(s), functional and divisional leaders, Cross-functional Support Teams, Field Management and Vendor Partners.
- The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning.
- This person will also need to be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual who can function in a performance-driven environment.
- He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong team player and leadership skills.
- The ideal candidate will also:
- Be highly organized, and possess strong planning and time management skills
- Communicate in an open and honest way that builds trust and respect
- Be a collaborative and flexible team player
- Be comfortable working on a cross-functional team
- The right candidate will possess a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or similar field