Do you have a passion and experience with Merchandising and Product Compliance? Do you have a love for addressing quality issues and working to correct these types of issues as they arise? Has your previous supervisory positions created excitement for you to work and lead others? This position may be for you!
- Basic Synopsis: Department overall deals with post installation product quality issues from field. The supervisor will also work with market operations teams to assess product damages for determination of liability and resolution. They analyze each potential claim or return situation, understand the return criteria from supplier, and then initiate the action.
• Manages RTV process from start to finish to ensure materials are returned to vendor and that credit is issued accordingly (bulk returns on dropped product, cancelled special order products, damaged and or defective products)
• Manages the quarterly testing of all stocked Laminate and Engineered Hardwood for CARB II compliance.
Reviews and decides on the approval or decline of all in house post installation warranty claims
Supervises 2 people who handle post installation claims. Also returns product at end of life. Team may eventually be 3-5 people.
Internal/External candidates: Courtney on our ISO team will apply.
Schedule: 8-5 M-F.
Client’s merchandising team is responsible for the introduction and the life cycle management of all product that the client sells. The merchandising team does this by maintaining product information in the client’s systems, reviewing and resolving product warranty claims and designing sample vehicles. By maintaining the product information, the merchandising team can maintain high customer satisfaction, enhance efficiency and profitability and drive growth and success of the company.
The Merchandising Compliance Supervisor is responsible to manage processes related to the company’s product warranty claims and to ensure that all imported product complies with any and all State, Local and Federal regulations with regard to content, composition, construction or point of origin along with any other regulatory dynamics which may arise from time to time.
The Supervisor will work directly with business leadership, legal, tax and a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure merchandise warranty claims are properly evaluated and effectively transmitted to vendors when applicable. The Supervisor will also provide reporting showing claims filed, claims accepted and claims paid or credited to effectively monitor vendor performance. In furtherance of the Company’s commitment to providing high quality, safe and compliant merchandise, regardless of source or origin, the Supervisor will also conduct both random and regular testing of import and domestically sourced products through independent 3rd party laboratories to ensure these items are compliant with regulatory authorities and statutes and that said products are equivalent to claimed standards, both in construction materials and dimensionality.
- Work with the company’s Merchandising, Inventory and Legal teams to set and monitor policies around product compliance requirements.
- Monitor product-related claims from both customers and market management teams to identify products with higher propensity for failure.
- Ensure timely filing of such claims with Vendors and coordinate responses when such claims are denied or returned for additional information.
- Further, the Supervisor will direct all merchandise Quarantine activities to ensure damaged or defective merchandise is preserved and prevented from additional use until disposal instructions have been established.
- Coordinate product returns with Merchant Category Management and Warehouse Distribution Management through management and monitoring of the Return-To-Vendor Process.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field
- 3 – 5 years of experience with product compliance
- Previous experience with content and point of origin regulatory requirements such as CARB and CARB II, Lacey Act, Proposition 65, Clean Air and Water Acts, etc.
- Ability/Willingness to develop knowledge of additional product categories as needed.
- Proficiency with implementing processes to comply with regulatory requirements
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer