Our client, a leading global research organization, is looking for 60-75 licensed RNs to engage, over the phone, with participants in their clinical trials. In order to apply you must have a current RN license in the state you live in, and the state is in EST or CST. It is a 12-month contract position and there are opportunities to transition to a permanent position. The client makes it easy to get up and running. They will ship you the necessary equipment (computer, etc) and walk through with you how to get everything set up.
About our client (get ready to be impressed!)
Our client is a leading global contract research organization providing drug discovery, development and lifecycle management services. Their clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 45 countries and more than 11,500 professionals worldwide, our client applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a commitment to quality to help clients and partners accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics and maximize the returns on their R&D investments.
In this role, the RN provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events/ product complaints with a high level of customer service. They will analyze and research inquiries and document interactions according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines.
- Responds accurately and professionally to technical and medical information inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail in reference to pharmaceutical or device products. Processes fulfillments and provides clinical trial information •Analyzes caller’s questions to formulate an accurate and concise response using client-approved resources and records inquiries and interactions in the appropriate databases following organizational, client and regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies, records and triages adverse events and product complaints according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines and provides additional support (including follow up) as needed.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures including client products, SOPs, protocols, GCPs, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with internal and external client contacts (up to and including members of client management) to resolve complex inquiries. As needed, researches medical literature and drafts responses for such inquiries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing); Fluency skills in a second language is a plus
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret client provided complex medical and technical information
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Nursing or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years). In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, and other personnel in the department. Builds stable working relationships internally.