Position: Mechanical Test Engineer
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, 02452
Term: 8 months
- Mechanical and electromechanical test development including test processes, fixtures, work support, and mechanical inspection tools.
- Construct and manage BOMs, WI’s, and DMRs, prepare and implement ECO’s.
- Provide detailed design drawings and models for production level engineering requirements, including component specifications, procurement, inspection documents, and assembly instructions.
- Inspect and document parts using basic hand tools (caliper, micrometers, height gauge, comparator).
- Develop test protocols, test scripts, assemble mechanical components, perform engineering tests, and prepare detailed reports based on results of verification and qualification tests.
- Applies analytical and problem-solving methodologies aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2+ years of experience in medical device industry or regulated environment experience.
- Experience with plastic part design, injection molding, part inspection processes and tools.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in test and measurement software development using tools such as LabView, Python, or MATLAB.
- Experience inspecting mechanical parts using standard measurement tools.
Even better if you have:
- Machine design experience in precision moving parts and complex mechanisms.
- Experience in the design and analyses of test systems for robotics.
- Experience in Validation of Test fixtures/methods.
- Six Sigma Training / Certification.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required, MSME.
- Experience in the use of CAD tools (SolidWorks).
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!