Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies. Come be a part of how digitalization, globalization, urbanization, demographic change, and climate change are transforming our world.
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA 02452
Term: 12 months
- Design test fixtures to assist assembly and test operations, using CAD tools such as SolidWorks.
- Test new or existing products in the development cycle to characterize performance.
- Develop and revise test protocols, test reports, assembly procedures, and work instructions.
- Wire and install the motors, drives, racks and motion control equipment.
- Support the R&D group in the conceptualization and application of new technologies.
- Build, test and troubleshoot assemblies.
- Maintain and upgrade robotic systems as well as test set ups.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years mechanical R&D technician experience required; preferably in medical device or other regulated industries.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or Certificate from a Technical Institute in mechanics, electronics, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated CAD proficiency required (SolidWorks preferred).
- A strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to multitask and work under aggressive deadlines are critical to success.
- Ability to execute assigned projects and duties with minimal supervision.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in the design and development of test fixtures.
- Experience with high precision measurement equipment and inspection.
- Experience with manufacturing processes (such as machining, rapid prototyping).
- Experience with statistical tools and software such as Minitab.
- Working and practical knowledge of electrical and electronic interfaces.
- Proficiency in using MS Office.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!