Work for the Worlds #1 Brand!
Position: Material Planner
Location: Remote - must be near these locations: Paw Paw, Sugar Land, Waco, Northampton, Apopka, Auburndale, Dunedin, Lakeland, Orlando, Atlanta
Term: 12 months
- Purchase, review and monitor purchase orders.
- Communicate new orders to vendors via email or EDI.
- Resolve errors on purchase orders as needed by collaborating with Vendors and Receiving.
- Ensure that materials being brought in are in compliance with Coca-Cola standards.
- Adjust purchase orders as needed.
- Review reports for stock outs and expedite open orders to fulfill scheduling/production.
- Review inventory reports to ensure levels are accurate.
- Master Data: Maintain, monitor and revise essential system planning data through MRP in P08 to ensure SAP system is effectively planning future material requirements.
- Inventory management: Maintain material and/or finished inventory levels within the parameters set through inventory policy by monitoring levels and continuously making adjustments to future purchase orders as necessary.
- Understand storage space constraints and plan accordingly. Understand quality requirements on fresh ingredients and plans accordingly. Monitor age of stock reports to avoid risk of slow moving and obsolete material.
- Demand Forecasts: Review historical usage and utilize software tools to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant. Analyze and evaluate upstream processes to secure materials to reduce costs to the KO system.
- Data Integrity: Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis to improve operational and financial performance
- Supplier Collaboration: Ensure that the SAP system is creating demand signals sufficient to drive supplier production planning.
- Maintain tactical execution relationships with supplier production and distribution points by sharing information regarding quality and delivery failures.
- New Items & Sunsets: Ensure availability of material requirements for all new products and package launches. Coordinate run-out of materials and/or ingredients for all package sunsets.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Planning Requirements - Ability to plan materials and service requirements to support ongoing business.
- Forecasting/Demand - Knowledge of demand forecasting techniques and inputs (e.g. business trends, seasonality, consumption patterns).
- Master Data - Appreciation for the importance that master data plays in driving the MRP process. Must have ability to identify gaps in master data that are driving sub-optimal MRP results.
- Information Systems - Knowledge and use of existing KO Technical Information (e.g. SAP, Outlook, Word, Excel, Lync) to generate necessary data.
- Ability to access, analyze and utilize information in a manner that adds value to the organization. Ability to propose system enhancements based on business needs.
- Inventory Management: Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/re-order levels.
- Knowledge of asset management procedures, policies and information used to optimize inventory levels and/or fill rates (e.g., balance inventory levels against inventory carrying costs).