Position: Marketing and Public Engagement Manager
Department: Marketing and Public Engagement
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
The Manager, Marketing and Public Engagement is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic marketing and branding strategy, its property owner outreach strategy and programmatic and innovation initiatives, as well as the execution of public engagement activities, including groundbreakings and real estate investor events, designed to attract real estate investors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the marketing and public engagement strategy, focused on programmatic innovations, process improvements and active engagement of stakeholders through events, speaking engagements and networking.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Manager of Communications and Content Strategy, develop the messaging and determine the appropriate format of marketing collateral assets, producing a library of branded assets representing each of the agency’s programs, developments and initiatives that aligns with AH’s established brand identity.
- Generate new property owner and developer leads by engaging real estate investors groups, seeking opportunities to speak and network for the purpose of creating awareness of the agency’s programs, and persuading investors of the benefit to partnering to provide affordable units and ultimately, converting prospects to active investors.
- Recommend, develop, and execute program innovations that make it easier or more profitable for real estate investors to partner with AH to provide affordable units to the families served. This requires collaboration with many other departments, including procurement, finance, Legal, Real Estate Group, Policy & Strategy, and others to ensure that all programs and innovations are implemented in accordance with policies and federal, state, and local laws and meet the needs of the department being served.
- Plan and execute pubic engagement events, including conferences, town halls, Advisory Group meetings, developer forums, groundbreakings and real estate investor-centric events.
- Actively grow the agency’s prospective and current investor contact list in order to foster new unit acquisition for programs through digital and email marketing efforts.
- Build and manage relationships with real estate investors, influencers, housing advocates and public and civic leaders for the purpose of generating and maintaining support.
- Develop social media strategy and oversee the scheduling, posting, and reporting from the official social media accounts.
- Procure, negotiate, contract, and manage relationships with vendors, including service providers, technical talent, exhibitors, and contractors that supply essential services and equipment.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field with related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities, collaboration, project management and organizational skills, as well as a demonstrated proficiency in the use of current office technology and software application(s) on a regular basis.
- Four to six years of experience in marketing, copywriting, sales or residential or commercial real estate investment, sales or property management.
- An interest in public housing, nonprofit or social services topics is a plus. Strong real estate and public service affiliations is strongly desired.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to interface effectively at all levels of the agency as well as private sector business partners.
- Must demonstrate superb organizational and project management skills, with accountability for seeing projects through to execution.
- Must be able to function in an environment of multiple and possibly shifting priorities. Requires a functional knowledge of company operations.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and develop/refine business processes. Participation in events that occur after normal business hours may also be required.
Works in an office environment. Frequent local travel required to implement strategies in the community. Occasional out-of-town travel to represent or participate in national conferences and trainings. Must have a valid State of Georgia driver’s license and be fully insurable for the purpose of obtaining clearance on company “Authorized Drivers List.”
Apply to MATRIX today!