Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts, 02062
Term: 12 months
- Drive the formal implementation of consumable products into external Manufacturing operations.
- Manage scope and magnitude of project assignments ranging from a single component to large scale new product introductions. These activities will be rooted in a mix of hardware, medical consumables, and automation focused activities.
- Assist with formalizing and releasing project documentation including mechanical drawings, bills of Materials (BOM), assembly instructions, test reports, etc.
- Review engineering documents and provide detailed feedback concerning manufacturability, DFx concepts and producibility. Participate in design reviews and Core Teams to develop assigned projects.
- Work with Commodity Managers and Supply Chain leads to identify key supplier partners for various components and processes reducing and removing future component risk wherever possible.
- Support the planning and execution of verification and validation activities for new designs.
- Create / provide lean manufacturing processes as part of larger standardized documentation delivery packages to Manufacturing.
- Complete design and process failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Master’s Degree preferred; MBA or technical degree.
- Experience (5-8 years) working in a regulated (ISO, FDA) Manufacturing environment with experience in new product introduction (NPI) activities.
- Experience with high volume, injection molding operations.
- Experience with capital projects including automation.
- Previous experience with design transfer activity from R&D to Manufacturing
- Ability to interface with internal and external engineering teams and other professionals in a cross-functional organization.
- Strong self-management, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills to work within tight deadlines.
Even better if you have:
- Agile design development experience.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!