Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: New Kensington, Pennsylvania, 15068
Term: 11 months
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Supports all factory safety efforts.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing manufacturing and/or testing methods; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes improvement projects by training and guiding technicians.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent related experience.
- 5+ years of manufacturing related experience.
- Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment.
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated.
- Ability to lead / work well with teams to obtain consensus in developing processes and standardizing manufacturing information flow.
- Experience with Six Sigma/LEAN concepts.
- Experience utilizing problem solving tools & quality assurance methodologies including Plan-Do-Check-Act (A3), 8D, Kaizen, Lean Cell Design, Error-Proofing, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, 5-Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information.
- Familiarity with CAD software.
- Travel requirements 10% or less, as needed.
Even better if you have:
- Project management or team leadership experience with proven delivery of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Facility and Maintenance interfaces and experienced in the aspects of Preventative Maintenance.
- Experience in developing cost quotations, return on investment analysis, and skills to perform fundamental tasks of business administrations.
- Experience traveling for benchmarking best practices.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!