MATRIX seeks a Manual QA to build high quality enterprise software solutions for our client in Knoxville TN. A very strong functional and manual testing background is a must.
- You will be expected to design and develop robust test plans, create data sets for testing, and wield scripting languages and manual tools/frameworks to deliver innovative test solutions which support software that solves complex business problems
- Develop complete and robust test suites. Design test plans, cases, and scripts that will uncover potential defects. Execute these test suites and perform data validation that will lead to high quality software solutions.
- Writing lots of test cases and verifying back end systems
- Generate and maintain complex test data sets
- Work with Software Engineers and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
- Report defects accurately; facilitate issue tracking and successful resolution; assess and communicate risk of various types and help engineers and stakeholders make collaborative decisions about risk tolerance for each production release
- Review and improve user stories produced by product owners and customers so that they are actionable by project teams
- Participate in Agile planning/review/retrospective activities and help to make adjustments to processes, environments, tools, etc. in order to make project teams more effective and capable of producing higher quality deliverables tightly aligned with business needs
- Configure and maintain test environments
- Research, evaluate, and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered in the Quality Assurance space
- B.S. in Computer Science or related Engineering/Science field
- At least 3+ years of experience in a manual testing role focused Enterprise Applications
- Solid SQL skills and familiarity with web based applications
- Substantial focus on software quality, producing/reviewing requirements, and pinpointing appropriate acceptance criteria
- Significant experience at designing positive and negative unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests for multi-tiered, highly complex Enterprise systems
- Ability to analyze and retain large quantities of complex information and to work closely with others to determine appropriate solutions to challenging problems
- Strong SQL query and PL/SQL skills at an intermediate level (used daily at prior jobs)
- Working Knowledge of functional test automation tools and/or the willingness and ability to learn test automation.
- Proven track record with Scrum or other agile methodology
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with mission critical systems handling massive amounts of transactional data (if not retail then financial or similar data-intensive setting)
- Experience with software build tools such as Jenkins
- Test Automation experience using Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Scripting or programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Performance testing experience