Permanent/Direct Hire opportunity for a SOX Manager who will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining compliance programs with respect to Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. The role will assist management in scoping and design of key controls, adequacy and completeness of controls and processes and mitigation of risk of material misstatement in our financial statements. This role will also be deeply involved in change management, including new business initiatives, personnel changes, acquisitions and ownership changes. The skills necessary to succeed in this role include strong organization skills, audit expertise, effective communication, and the ability to collaborate and partner with a diverse group of stakeholders while producing high-quality deliverables.
Principle Responsibilities & Key Results
- .In partnership with Internal Audit, review annual SOX financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process to ensure adequate scope and testing of the Company’s financial statements and set materiality thresholds for audit.
- Coordinate and maintain management’s SOX process controls documentation and review controls regularly to ensure adequate design and identification of key controls for processes that affect the company.
- Continuously evaluate current set of in scope controls and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation.
- Track and work with Internal Audit to manage the status of periodic testing of internal controls against audit timelines and schedules.
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes, personnel changes and acquisitions and assess the impact of the changes on internal controls.
- Assist Management and coordinate with Internal & External Audit in the preparation and execution of control/process walkthroughs.
- Assist in the coordination and receipt of SOC1 reports from third party providers and work with management to identify and document controls necessary to rely upon such reports.
- Coordinate with Internal Audit to provide reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and proactively coordinate the audits to ensure coordination of the PBC request process to minimize the impact on the business and align test results.
- Support the preparation of material, presentations, and other documentation as required for periodic management and Audit Committee meetings.
- Continuously work to enhance the SOX program to become more efficient and effective.
- Keep up to date on industry and business trends significant to the profession and the organization.
Knowledge & Skills
- Audit knowledge: In-depth understanding of audit procedures and the ability to apply the knowledge to our business.
- Analytical mindset: Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve and make recommendations or decisions.
- Attention to detail: Ability to observe and identify key details.
- Collaboration: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnership with professionalism.
- Communication skills: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication. Knows how to tailor a message based on audience.
- Project management: Project management and organization skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in financial reporting or internal auditing.
- Minimum 8-10 years overall experience.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Certification such as CPA, CISA or CIA.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work productively and independently in a team environment.