Our client located in Gainesville, GA is looking to hire a Software Development Manager. In this role, you will lead a team of software development engineers, SQA engineers, and business analysts in the definition, implementation, execution, and delivery aspects of proprietary software development.
You will provide technical leadership in architecture, design, and development of proprietary enterprise applications and end-to-end integrated software solutions to meet the dynamic needs of the business. You will lead continual improvement efforts including process and quality initiatives.
- In a player/coach role, lead the process of creating and maintaining development standards.
- Improve development processes and quality initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce field found faults.
- Interact with other development leaders, internal business experts and executive management to ensure software delivery meets business needs and expectations.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and prioritize requirements for the development team.
- Lead efforts to estimate backlog and create predictable and reliable project plans.
- Create and manage team and project budgets.
- Lead the execution of end to end software lifecycle according to project plans to deliver on time and within budget.
- Maintain and continuously improve upon a highly performant and reliable software as a service offering.
- Ensure adequate end-user support to quickly and successfully resolve all customer and production
- Assist and train all employees in new development strategies and techniques.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Knowledge of .NET, ASP.Net, C#, SQL Server required
- Hands-on enterprise software design and development experience from both a Software Developer & Software Project Manager perspective is essential.
- Experience building and delivering highly scalable, multi-tier SaaS offerings
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives to increase efficiencies and quality.
- Extensive experience leading multidisciplinary teams through the entire definition, architecture, design, development and quality delivery of new products and service offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Experience in and embracement of the Agile process required.
- Demonstrated experience driving Agile improvements is a plus.
- Experience in managing off-shore development teams is a plus
- Knowledge of Delphi, VB.Net, and other web based technologies is a Plus
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server is a plus
- Prior healthcare applications development experience is a plus.