Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Manager Data Technologies
Location: Saint Paul, MN, 55104
Term: 12 weeks with the potential for hire
- Proactively drive the vision for data warehousing and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Lead the implementation of data strategies by analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models that reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and improve enterprise information management.
- Lead the planning, design, creation and deployment of a modern data warehouse system; oversees the data design and the creation of the database architecture and data repositories.
- Introduce and advocate for industry best practices of a modern data warehouse such as customer-centric, adaptable, automated, elastic, governed, secure, etc.
- Consult with internal and external partners to model enterprise-wide complex data structures including master data management
- Possess an advanced understanding of the healthcare industry and technologies, including the electronic health record (Epic) and other various on-premise and cloud-oriented data platforms.
- Lead a team that responds to hundreds of enhancement requests and dozens of major projects each year - building new integrations and data stores / marts solutions and making minor to moderate sized enhancements to existing assets.
- Lead a development practice supporting the ongoing enhancement and maintenance of thousands of DataStage and SSIS integrations
- Consolidate and streamline data solutions across the company, as well as identify new prospects and leading practices that will give the organization a competitive advantage.
- Responsible for sourcing data to the data warehouse using a variety of tools and technologies as required for each source
Additional Job Details:
Epic Clarity and Caboodle Administration Leadership
- The Manager of Information Management will oversee the design, testing, tuning and maintenance of the Epic Clarity and Caboodle database, environment, and custom data stores and marts. This team is also responsible for the performing modifications, full upgrades, patches, and SU's on all Epic Clarity and Caboodle environments
- Build a culture of troubleshooting, performing root cause analysis, solutioning production support incidents, and applying permanent improvements to minimize user outages and incidents
- Provides excellent partnership, collaboration, and consulting with other IT members and business customers. assigned projects associated to expand the Caboodle data models, build custom Caboodle data models and ETL processes, and fulfill requests to acquire additional data in Clarity and Caboodle.
- 5+ years prior experience with ETL Tools and/or Databases, preferably DataStage and SSIS
- 5+ years prior working knowledge of modern data warehousing and business intelligence best practices and standards.
- 3+ years prior experience with EPIC (Clarity / Caboodle)
- 3+ years prior experience with Cloud Infrastructure (Azure and AWS preferred)
- Experience with OMOP common data models and standardization is preferred
- Experience with Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) is preferred
- Understand the fundamental concepts of database design and the need for database architectural strategies to fit business or industry requirements.
- Knowledge of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling.
- Understand common software architectures, including layered and distributed architecture models
- Understanding of quality assurance principles
- Database development/Management and coding SQL, Oracle, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica Power Center, KB SQL
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.