Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Manager, Actuarial Systems to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Manager, Actuarial Systems
Term: 6 months, possible contract to hire
Manages a team responsible for development, implementation and ongoing support of Actuarial Systems and the effective oversight and management of processes for incident, request, problem, change, release, demand and performance management for actuarial systems. This includes data governance, system security oversight and documenting, communicating, and training. Actuarial Systems support reserving, cost of care analysis, provider and pricing functions.
- Lead the team in completing implementation of foundational data assets and processes to fully support Cost of Care analysis across actuarial.
- Transition the team from supporting just the Reserving function and Cost of Care data function to also supporting Pricing and Provider actuarial data function
- Manage staff responsible for the administration, implementation, automation, enhancement, and maintenance of processes and procedures related to the effective oversight of Actuarial Systems.
- Lead staff in providing analytical support for department, divisional and corporate projects as needed to accomplish business goals.
- Oversees communications, training programs, and performance reporting. Report on Actuarial System performance including incidents, problems, relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and compliance.
- Provide leadership and management of Actuarial data governance practices and processes.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, support internal and external audits and proactively maintain process and controls and recommend process improvements where necessary.
- Assist with systems-related needs assessments, cost benefit analyses, and definition of business requirements and functional specifications.
- Manage the implementation of system fixes and upgrades for actuarial reporting related systems. Coordination with IT and Finance.
- Lead cross-functional system projects and facilitate communication throughout the department on the progress of pending systems projects.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree, 8 years of experience in Actuarial or Finance or IS, to include 3 years of experience with governance functions and system implementations
- If no degree, 10 years of experience as stated above.
- Experience leading people or managing teams is required.
- At least 3 years of experience working with databases and ETL
- RDBMS- Teradata , MySql or Oracle