Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Plainfield, Indiana 46168
Term: 7 months
- Troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment such as conveyors, stretch wrappers, and carton erectors.
- Performing general and preventive maintenance of building, grounds, office, and warehouse equipment that may include cleaning and lubricating machinery.
- Assisting with equipment installs, completing work orders, determining / ordering materials and parts needed for repairs, and maintaining clean work areas.
- Participating in all plant safety / accident prevention programs and following all safe work practices in order to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent, preferable in a distribution center.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to work all required overtime with short notice, and be flexible to work other shifts as needed.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and are able to work from heights up to 45 feet.
- Must be able and willing to operate powered industrial equipment such as: forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment for extended periods of time and occasionally in extreme cold.
- Good communications skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving aptitude along with good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems in an industrial setting.
- Experience using basic hand and power tools.
- Can read and understand blueprints, drawings, sketches, layouts, and equipment manuals.
- Experienced with electrical systems (3 phase 480v) and motor controls.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing and fire control systems.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!