Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Mainframe Programmer Analyst
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, 30303
Term: 12 months
- Provide design, performance recommendations, MF coding and JCL knowledge to maintain specific software upgrades including (Code1-Plus and Mailstream).
- Analysis and design of application enhancements and report layouts.
- Conversion of customer needs into logical flowcharts for coding into computer language.
- Creating and modifying JCL, DB2 tables and documentation.
- The resource must be willing to provide on call coverage for batch processes.
- Works effectively with OIT customers to learn specific design requirements and perform analysis and design of computer applications.
- Assists in the overall analysis and design of information technology systems.
- Acts as a technical liaison between information technology staff and internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively.
- Analyzes, interprets and presents technology solutions to prepare design specifications in a technically acceptable and cost-effective manner.
- Designs effective information technology subsystems and develops appropriate programs.
- Conducts analyses, interprets research findings, conceives a variety of solutions to functional problems, and reduces abstract ideas to easily understood procedures.
- Maintains information technology systems using COBOL, DB2, VSAM and JCL in the Z/OS operating system.
- Develops logical code for efficient program execution.
- Produces written technical documentation.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related area.
- 10 years of experience in Programming.
- 6 years of experience in COBOL, DB2, JCL, Utilities and DEBUG.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge in MailStream.
- Knowledge in DJDE.
- Knowledge in Code1.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!