Are you looking to escape the snow? We have an opening for an experienced COBOL/DB2/VSAM Programmer in Alabama. If you s have a BS degree or higher, this 6+ month contract to hire opportunity could be just for you. The position will support financial applications including provider payroll, reporting, refunds, balancing and others.
- Minimum 3-5 years mainframe development
- COBOL and JCL skills
- VSAM, sequential files and other batch processing
- DB2 and SQL skills
- Bachelors Degree
Preferred but not required:
- General knowledge of health insurance and accounting principles
- Teamwork oriented
- Comfortable assuming responsibility for important technical processes
- Ability to communicate and develop working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Ability to work in a remote environment and utilize remote work tools such as instant messenger, video conferencing, etc.
- Must be able to research JCL and COBOL code to determine system function
- Understand how to test software changes
- Ability to accept and learn new technologies
- Ability to participate in on call duties
This position comes with a full suite of benefits, with cubicles as the work space, free covered parking and the dress code is on the dressy side of business casual. Once the building is open you will be expected to work onsite in the Birmingham office.