Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Mainframe Developer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28262
Term: 18 months
- Regarded across the enterprise as an expert in multiple identified areas of expertise with responsibility for developing standards and enterprise-wide best practices and for engineering complex, largescale technology solutions to address highly complex and cross-organizational issues.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the client to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
- Experience in defining mainframe architectural and design approaches and delivering (hands-on development) complex initiatives ensuring compliance with Enterprise Application Security Program; Mainframe technologies; Data Streaming technologies - Kafka / MQ; Hogan Mainframe; Mainframe Security Practices, Database (DB2 and IMS); CICS; 3270 screens, NDM, JCL, Mainframe DevOps, test automation and automated build and deployments, and Agile methodologies.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- HOGAN CIS experience is preferred.
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills