Our client is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join their team for a 12+ month contract in Irving, TX! In this role you will be responsible for prototyping machine learning algorithms and computer vision systems that improve customer experience, enable innovative user experiences, and increase store revenue. From creating an experimental machine learning prototype to deploying a production-ready backend, engineers take many hats to see projects to completion.
- Research, prototype, and develop software solutions to solve problems across retail
- Stay up to date with emerging technology and learn new technologies/libraries/frameworks
- Learn and partner with peers across multiple disciplines, such as computer vision, machine learning, and systems design
- Deliver on time with a high bar on quality of research, innovation and engineering
- 3+ years of experience in deep learning in at least one machine learning framework (TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of advanced mathematics, image/video processing, computer vision, and AI/machine learning theories
- 4+ years of hands-on experience computer vision libraries (OpenCV, SOD or equivalent library)
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Published research on computer vision, image processing or machine learning
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering/Math, or relevant experience
- Ph. D. in Computer Vision, AI, or Machine Learning
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile team environment
- 3+ years of industrial experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, C++, Java
- Experience with CUDA/TensorRT and modern data compression
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.