Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Logistics Consultant IV
Term: 6 months - will likely extend
To coordinate inventory control activities which ensure that inventory records for finished products, raw materials, work in process and finishing supplies are accurate. Accurate inventory data provides for fair financial representation and assists the business in production planning and long term strategic decision making. The position provides a key leadership role in finished goods inventory accuracy improvement projects. This role has accountability for our distribution operations internal control compliance and corrective action planning to ensure compliance to SOX, Archer, FDA guidelines.
Additionally, this position provides distribution network inventory and analytical support to achieve sector customer service and cost goals.
Key Customers: Business sector, staff planning, operations teams, distribution teams, mill and staff finance, mill and staff quality teams, distribution centers representatives, and customer service.
Reports to the Assistant Director for Customer Logistics and Distribution. This position focuses on continuous process improvement regarding inventories to help ensure accurate and reliable inventory data is maintained. Reconcile finished product physical inventories. Ensure transactions in SAP are performed accurately and timely. Provide guidance, training and support to mills and distribution centers on inventory related issues in compliance with CFI requirements. Provide Analysis on Distribution projects that support the annual Business Plan.
SAP experience is required.
- Bachelor or advanced degree with at least 5 years of logistics experience.
- Need to be knowledgeable of mill operations, production planning, inventory management, production reporting, warehousing both inside and outside, and BW/Bex/SAP/ETQ/WMS inventory transactions. Strong analytical and excel skills.
- Previous Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is strongly preferred.
- Monitoring and tracking inventory and system health
- Tracking to anticipated any potential upcoming issues that may occur within the supply chain
- You will be working with internal customers to overcome any obstacles that may arise.
- Understand the application of internal control systems and pertinent procedures to support high levels of finished product inventory accuracy internally and at Third Party warehouses.
- Lead, coordinate, and assist in finished product physical inventories within the distribution network.
- Identify root causes for inventory inaccuracies and take the lead to implement solutions to prevent future issues.
- Monitor system access to inventory related systems to ensure proper segregation of duties.
- Manage and control the accuracy of system inventories to facilitate the proper planning and product flow in order to attain customer service objectives.
- Prepare statistical summaries, reports and analyses related to the function in a timely and accurate manner, to the Logistics Manager and Financial Manager and to others within the business unit and mills.
- Assure timely and accurate information is input into the SAP inventory system.
- Resolve inventory discrepancies to prevent inventory shrinkages, excess inventories, obsolescence and customer service stock cuts. Identify and correct inventory control weaknesses.
- Assist the Customer Logistics team with CPU rates, BW reports and Distribution Policies or any other request to provide customers with informed information.
- Provide process ownership and management of Salvage Sales (management of damage, off-spec & obsolete products)
- Lad audit person for both internal and external inventory audits.
- Lead representative related to distribution operations internal control compliance and corrective action planning to ensure compliance to SOX. FDA and Archer guidelines
- Lead representative for Quarter/Year end shipping compliance reporting - ensuring that all loads follow defined guidelines related to shipment confirmation and timing.
- Lead representative for distribution in the Quality Continuous Improvement Plans around Expiration Dated/FDA Regulatory/Batch managed products and requirements.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected
Apply to MATRIX today!