Position: Loan Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Term: 3 Months
As a Loan Analyst, you will analyze complex tax returns and financial statements and assist in completing the loan process from start to finish. After you’ve developed a strong comfort level with the residential loan process, you’ll have the opportunity to learn apartment and commercial property loan analysis and processing.
- Communicate with clients, providing excellent customer service and ensuring that the client relationship is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Analyze and process each loan file, ensuring that the Loan Approval Worksheet, loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal, application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market and loan program criteria and are accurately documented and complete.
- Underwrite the income sources, collateral and credit quality of residential loan applications. This includes analysis of personal and business income tax returns, tax schedules and financial statements.
- Prepare loan files for funding by reviewing the analysis for accuracy.
- Complete the Request for Documents form to ensure that all regulatory information and loan terms are accurately entered into the computer system to meet compliance requirements.
- Complete Know Your Client regulatory data for all loan types.
- Follow the lending guidelines from the Federal National Mortgage Association and nonconforming secondary market investors, along with other industry regulations.
- Prepare prequalification and/or commitment letters for loan officer review.
- Learn the Bank’s loan pricing matrix and become comfortable engaging with clients to confirm and discuss our loan programs.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2 – 4 years of work experience in residential loan processing and underwriting with commercial and/or construction loan processing and underwriting experience preferred
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- An orientation toward being a team player and providing extraordinary service while furthering the client's goals and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.