Title: Loan Partner
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
See service from a higher perspective.
The primary function of the Client Service Specialist is to provide a wide range of sales, service, administrative and relationship management support to assigned Relationship Managers. Acting as the liaison between the clients, Relationship Managers and the Operations team this position requires strong relationship management skills in order to build strong, successful partnerships between all parties. Client Service Specialist will support high producing Originator(s) in the preparation, review and processing of complex loans. This position also involves submitting files, requesting loan conditions, as well as communicating with clients and realtors. Handles customer inquiries, researches, and ensures appropriate and timely resolution while meeting all regulatory compliance and achieving a high level of customer service.
What you’ll do as a Client Service Specialist:
- Provides support to our Relationship Managers as well as building a relationship with the borrower.
- Communicates with Relationship Managers on pipeline reports to ensure timely preparation of the loan process.
- Assists with collection of application items, including ordering credit, entering the application, requesting financials and/or other documents required for loan approval, customer follow up, and application tracking.
- Directs customers through the loan process, often working with complex loans.
- Monitors loans and ensures that information including, financials, guarantor information, tax returns, etc. are obtained. Partners with Relationship Manager to discuss past due items. Contacts clients to request missing items.
- Leads a variety of customer services activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies, and resolving issues.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory process statutes, such as Patriot's Act, Reg B, HMDA, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of banking/Lending products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served.
- Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for processing team.
- Assists in training of new lending assistant staff and mentoring of existing lending assistant staff. Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for lending assistant team.
- Assists with additional duties as assigned.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- Experience with many types of client tax returns, understanding W-2, K-1 and various types of cash flow analysis.
- Review received documentation within 24 hours for discrepancies, omissions, asset and income verification and updates based on verified information
- Attend any and all branch/team meetings as requested.
- Provide sales and service support (i.e., create, review and distribute various client reports and presentations or assist with client events); may be for current clients or prospects.
- Research and respond to client inquiries and/or problems of high net worth clients, including account change requests; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, schedule all client-related appointments, and coordinate client mailings/invitations to company events
- Provide general administrative support such as managing logistics and refreshments for meetings, answering incoming telephone calls, managing incoming emails/faxes, filing, submitting business expense requests, schedule appointments and distributing mail.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a loan partner/loan officer assistant or processor with hands on knowledge of loan products and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in lending techniques and practices, loan documentation, compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry and lending products and services
- Sound judgment and autonomous decision making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, dependable and self-motivated.
- Available to work varying hours and overtime as needed
- Must become state-licensed through the NMLS
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now