Type: Contract-to-Hire - 6+ months
Location: Remote - US or Canada
Our client is seeking a Load Balancer Engineer.
- The Cloud Infrastructure Services organization is responsible for operations of the internal as well as customer facing data centers and services like storage, compute, backup, and network.
- The Cloud Network Delivery unit, as part of Cloud Infrastructure Services, supports the company’s global network infrastructure, including the local as well as the wide area networks.
- Support and help manage the advanced load balancing service we run for various Client stakeholders, in various cloud landscapes (referred to internally as "platform areas"), and in both private and public cloud.
- The Technical Load Balancer Engineer will focus on load balancer infrastructure management / operations, working with technologies primarily from vendor F5.
- The position will also interface with consulting or driving various projects related to the load balancing service.
- Resolution of major and complex operation outages, as well as complex technological issues which need to be handled with efficiency and appropriate sense of urgency.
- Participation in Change Technical Validation Process, assuring that all requested technical proposals are reviewed with sharp, diligent oversight.
- Participate in On-Call Rotation Change
- Review Change Playbook/Runbook developed by operations engineers, ensure infrastructure availability, and identify possible risks
- Involve self in sessions with operations engineer(s) on mapping requests to existing service delivery. If not found, work on developing a solution with the platform engineering.
- Incident Management: Drive major/complex outage(s) to resolution.
- Service Delivery: Develop KPI for the service and report on Capacity Management.
- Manage Service: Interface with Managed Service Provider(s), assume a Consultant Role
- Collaboration: Be the link to storage and virtualization teams.
- Ensure compliance of network infrastructure to global security standards.
- Ensure global alignment across the regional delivery teams.
- Participate in development of automation solutions and code, maintain, and operate tools for automation of network device provisioning, configuration and day-2 operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications Engineering or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of general networking principles and terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, preferably in load balancing as core competence however additional disciplines, such as switching, routing and firewalling, are welcome.
- Good understanding of virtualization and SDN/OpenStack as well as technologies like VLAN, VxLAN, VRF, Network Load Balancing, etc. Comfortable in Linux environment.
- Practical knowledge and experience with network automation and the common related toolset like Ansible, git & GitHub, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK etc., is of great advantage.
- Practical experience with managing and troubleshooting the F5 Big-IP technology on an infrastructure level, including HW provisioning and lifecycle management.
- Advanced understanding of the F5 Big-IP HW architecture (CMP, HMS/TMM).
- Advanced understanding of LTM, GTM and VCMP modules.
- Solid understanding and practical experience with networking on the Big-IP platform, including route-domains and dynamic routing implementations.
- Solid understanding in Big-IP LTM objects such as virtual server, irule, traffic policy, profiles etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in executing and assessment of traffic captures (tcpdump, ssldump), especially on F5 Big-IP platforms.
- High Level understanding of Hyperscalers, Cloud computing, SaaS, & hosted systems.
- Expert abilities in developing and documenting network designs and concepts.
- Basic Project Management Experience.
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast paced and multicultural organization.
- Flexibility to work on a schedule that is convenient for our customers.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is prerequisite.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5+ years of work experience in the networking field
- Certificates in the industry of the respective technology (F5 CTS in LTM and GTM, or higher)
- Experience with Storage and Compute as part of Infrastructure ecosystems is plus
- Basic Financial Understanding (OPEX & CAPEX)
- Experience in Service ownership / Coordination is a plus
- Experience with Public Cloud offerings is a plus