Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Full time permanent position with interesting technology and cool growth projects ahead. You will have the chance to work within a talented, tight-knit group to further a common toolset, and find innovative solutions to help technical teams deliver business features. We maintain a fun, supportive, open, encouraging culture where engineers are trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
We are seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer for a high traffic social networking/ecommerce website. You will configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and cloud systems supporting a diverse application stack. You will help drive and implement the strategic choices in our evolving transformation from colo to cloud.
- Build and maintain Linux, storage, and network infrastructure to maximize resilience and performance.
- Manage systems and services across all environments.
- Plan, execute, and deliver key infrastructure and operational projects within budget.
- Deliver operational excellence, highly scalable and reliable infrastructure, excellent customer service, efficient and agile operations, measured with industry leading metrics.
- Develop relationships across the enterprise to ensure IT infrastructure and operational expectations are met and priorities are set at the appropriate level.
- Develop and improve automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Foster an environment that supports the drive for continuous improvement (productivity and quality) by initiating change and creating an environment that is conducive to change.
- Partner with the security function to ensure compliance standards and processes are met.
- Strong Linux administration experience. Extremely comfortable with command line and use of tools to manage, provision and diagnose server, storage, and network issues.
- Solid working experience with server provisioning and capacity management.
- Experience with server & network monitoring and performance tools like DataDog, Zabbix, etc.
- Firm knowledge of configuration management tools. Ability to write Puppet manifests and templates (Chef/Ansible/SaltStack are acceptable alternatives).
- Strong knowledge of common technology principles (DNS, LDAP, high-availability, fault tolerance, load balancing, clustering, etc).
- Experience parsing and analyzing logs, troubleshooting system performance, networking, and storage i/o issues.
- Experience with deployments to public clouds, preferably AWS.
- Experience with IAC tools. GitLab, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with ability to clearly articulate the right message to the right audience.
- Process-oriented, with strong project and change management skills, and flexibility to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, and mitigate roadblocks, particularly across teams.
- Familiarity with HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge blades, Dell-EMC Unity, Oracle ZFS, Cisco, and VMware products.
- Experience with networking concepts like load balancer, switches, firewalls, routers. Citrix NetScaler experience is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration
- Successful career progression in technical organizations (multiple data centers, networks, applications).
- Bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field (or equivalent)