Position: Lease Administration Analyst
Location: Memphis, Tennessee,
Hourly Rate: $ 20.97/hr.
Term: 6 months
- Under general supervision, upholds the integrity of real estate portfolio data for assigned portfolio of clients.
- Inputs, maintains, organizes and reports on information regarding lease dates, dollar values and financial accounting transactions into a lease management software database.
- Prepares, processes and reconciles AR & AP transactions to ensure accurate and current lease information is maintained.
- Assists manager in resolving critical issues for clients by researching and gathering information about payment transactions, lease terms and other relevant items as requested.
- Prepares lease abstracts and edits them for accuracy.
- Edits narratives to support computer generated reports.
- Provides narratives on monthly variance reports.
- Provides lease analysis and interpretation of lease information to clients.
- Tracks payables and receivables associated with the leases in portfolio.
- Processes client rent rolls utilizing the database.
- Prepares export files and sends to accounting for payables processing.
- Prepares invoices for subtenants, reconciles subtenant accounts, reviews incoming invoices for errors/accuracy with lease document and ensures correct coding.
- Performs annual operating expense reconciliations, monitors audit windows and audit requirements contained in the lease documents.
- Assists manager with preparation and distribution of periodic and ad hoc reports in a timely, accurate manner.
- Runs standard reports for management review and runs ad hoc reports with assistance.
- Assists with the design of reports utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Prepares and distributes critical date reports; maintains tickler system for tracking important dates and tasks.
- Creates and maintains client lease files ensuring they contain current, accurate information.
- May conduct financial analysis/accounting as appropriate, including AR/AP, rent rolls, and budgets in accordance with required accounting principles (GAAP, Tax, Cash, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or portfolio specific training to co-workers.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor and clients.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High school degree or general education degree required plus a minimum of two years related work experience, preferably including property management or accounting.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with Accounting, Finance or Real Estate preferred.
- None Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e.
- Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Advanced organizational skills.