Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Lease Admin Analyst
Term: 5+ months
- Working with external landlords to make sure payments are set up correctly
- Review lease language // reconcile account // handle disputes
- processing rent batches
- Review emails, reconcile rent payments (monthly), gathering invoices, reviewing leases, checking rent schedules, preparing batches, setting up vendors,
- Working on large retail account with a team of 8, process rent, manage lease space
- Resolves critical issues for clients by researching and gathering information about payment transactions, lease terms and other relevant items.
- Establishes and maintains working relationship with clients and/or landlords.
- Acts as a team lead including providing work flow direction to co-workers and providing account supervision.
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy by performing quality control review of work completed by team members.
- Prepares lease abstracts and edits them for accuracy.
- Writes narratives for monthly variance reports, providing analysis and interpretation of lease information to clients.
- Tracks payables and receivables associated with the leases in portfolio.
- Processes client rent rolls utilizing the database.
- Prepares export files and sends to accounting for payables processing.
- Prepares invoices for subtenants, reconciles subtenant accounts, reviews incoming invoices for errors/accuracy with lease document and ensures correct coding.
- Reviews profit center reports for accuracy.
- Prepares and distributes periodic and ad hoc reports in a timely, accurate manner.
- Designs reports utilizing various report writers, Excel, Word, and/or Access. Reviews standard reports prepared by team members for accuracy.
- Prepares and distributes critical date reports; maintains tickler system for tracking important dates and tasks.
- Performs annual operating expense reconciliations, monitors audit windows and audit requirements contained in the lease documents.
- Creates and maintains client lease files ensuring they contain current, accurate information.
- Serves as a member of a transition team, if needed, to get a new account set up and operating quickly and efficiently.
- Cross-checks and reviews work of peers to ensure quality and accuracy of data.
- May provide and/or assist with budgeting and forecasting activities.
- May conduct financial analysis/accounting as appropriate, including AR/AP, rent rolls, and budgets in accordance with required accounting principles (GAAP, Tax, Cash, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands commercial leases
- High school degree or general education degree required plus a minimum of four years related work experience, preferably including property management or accounting.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with Accounting, Finance or Real Estate preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate complex figures and conduct financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Advanced organizational skills.