MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling a unique position. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Do you excel with UX and have experience as a lead? Do you function well within a collaborative environment? This position may be for you!!!
Formal Job Description
Official Title (per client) - Lead UX Designer
We are looking for a UX professional with experience leading design initiatives, mentoring designers, and inspiring cross functional product teams. The right candidate will have broad knowledge of UX across modalities and product types with deep knowledge in one or more of the following: interaction design, animation, microinteractions, UX writing, design systems, and user psychology/behavioral science. You think of yourself as a collaborator, lead by example, hold others and yourself accountable. You are a lifelong learner who loves solving complex problems. You’re able to think on your feet and ideate with a product/dev/UX team and articulate your ideas succinctly through visuals, experiments, and solid documentation.
What you’ll do:
• Reporting to the Manager of UX Design, you will assist in mentoring an inhouse and remote design team.
• Collaborate with design and product management on new products, initiatives, research, experimental work, and team leadership and build consensus and lead collaboration across teams.
• Work across multiple experiences including touch screen console, apps, and web-based software.
• Work in an agile environment that can change direction quickly.
• Guide other teams through design thinking, research, and human centered design methodologies, and invite them into the process.
• Advocate for end users and our customers against business constraints.
What you bring with you:
• Bachelor’s degree in a UX adjacent field and 5+ years’ experience as a sr. designer or team lead (or equivalent mix or education and experience).
• Experience designing for apps, web, and/or consoles.
• Experience and examples of work leading a product through the full lifecycle from concept to delivery.
• Mentored a design team, giving actionable and constructive feedback.
• High level knowledge of best practice developing for Android and web.
• Expert knowledge of Mac OS, Adobe CC (Xd, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Axure, and other UX and design tools.
• Experienced with pitching design work and/or research recommendations to colleagues and leadership.
• Experienced developing a human centered strategic approach to research efforts or design direction.