Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Specialty Software Engineer
Location: NEW YORK, New York, 10017
Term: 12 months
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Lead team to achieve objectives.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must have a deep understanding of:
- Implementing pricing applications in Excel and various optimization associated with Excel programming, as well as experience working on industrialization of the spreadsheets (i.e. proper deployment of the Excel based apps to multiple traders).
- Domain knowledge of derivatives trading, pricing, and the models employed, in addition to all the soft market data that are needed for computing these models.
- Hands on experience with Bloomberg API, Reuters API in Excel.
- Have experience with the best practices of Agile/and test driven programming.
- 4+ years of VBA/Excel developments.
- 8+ years of C# programming experience, core C#, backend or frontend.
- 4+ years of working with traders/front office in the pricing of financial derivatives in a RAD (Rapid Application Development) environment.
- BS/BA in numerate fields
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Strong Excel knowledge and disciplined way of working with spreadsheets.
- Experience working with scheduling systems like AutoSys.
- Experience deploying application on Windows servers.
- Experience building distributed applications.