Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Specialty Software Engineer
Location: NEW YORK, New York, 10017
Term: 9 months
- Perform in the high level technical and analytics role as an individual contributor developing software for the various trading components.
- Work directly with business analysts, traders, sales, operations group to understand requirements.
- Read and understand business specifications and create functional specifications from them.
- Create thorough designs taking in consideration functional and non-functional requirements (security, speed, auditablitity, ease to maintain) that integrate well into existing architecture.
- Write high quality code in the Java and C# languages using object oriented principals and design patterns by practicing/advocating Behavior Driven development methodology as appropriate.
- Prior experience reviewing others code and providing constructive feedback.
- Create/modify Oracle database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, functions, etc.).
- Perform high quality thorough unit testing and documentation of development activities.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires a solid grasp of business/risk domains.
- Assure quality, maintainability, and extensibility for supported systems and risk applications.
- Provide Level 2 production support as required.
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Lead team to achieve objectives.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8 + years of Core Java experience
- 2+ years of C#.NET experience
- 3+ years of distributed servers platform experience
- 3+ years of experience working with middleware vendor messaging technologies
- 2+ years of UNIX experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 1+ year of securities industry experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of experience with Agile tools
- 1+ year of Oracle Coherence development or implementation experience
- 3+ years of experience with implementing complex business solutions with design patterns
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of derivatives and structured products
- Knowledge and understanding of trade lifecycle
- Technology 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: distributed and client server technologies
- Technology 1+ year of Autosys experience
- Experience with Equity Derivatives Trade Capture and Lifecycle management
- Securities industry experience with understanding of Financial instrument valuation, life cycle and risk management especially pertaining to Equity Derivatives
- Familiar with trading concepts as they relate to flow trading, synthetics, exotics & convertibles and technology used to solve problems for these business lines
- Able to build components across all functional domains: trade capture, lifecycle mgmt., regulatory reporting,
- Outstanding communication skills as required
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.