Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Summit NJ
Term: 12 months
- Standing up cutting-edge analytical capabilities, leveraging automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data and models, and drive operational efficiency by offering continuous insights and improvements.
- Help in design and implementation of algorithms and tools for analytics and data scientist teams.
- Use a variety of languages, tools, and frameworks to marry data and systems together.
- Collaborate with modelers, developers, DevOps, and project managers on meeting project goals.
- Strong understanding of Python code CI/CD deployment and test automation suites.
- Drive a culture of automation, test coverage and architect for Micro Services, API, Cloud Native and Headless Architecture – Decoupling the front ends and backends of the technology stack.
- Work on building and supporting the Python Platform and SDK that runs the qualitative and quantitative risk models
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of RESTful API design and development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka, and Map
- 2+ years of experience with building, deploying, and securing cloud platforms
- 2+ years of configuration experience with Cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or MS Azure
- Strong in data science python libraries like NumPy, Pandas, SciPy.
- Solid understanding of distributed computing.
- Strong skills in big data, PySpark, HDFS and distributed computing.
- Experience in creating APIs using python, preferably Django and DRF.
- Design and build reusable solutions to in data work stream of model development life cycle.
- Prior banking domain skills and depth knowledge in risk & finance forecasting domain
- Master’s degree or higher in computer science or finance
- Professional certification in technology
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Leadership skills to drive work stream from technical aspects
- Command knowledge on story estimations, design reviews, code reviews, quality code delivery
- 1+ year of Oracle experience
- 2+ years of experience with H2O software or Keras with TensorFlow
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience