Title: Lead Solutions Architect-Trading Platforms
Location: San Francisco or New York
As part of the Information Services team, the Wealth Management Technology Team drives the vision to create an industry leading, client-centric wealth technology experience. The team is looking for forward thinking, action-oriented individuals to help drive the implementation and development of innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
This position reports to the Principal Solutions Architect and supports development and implementation of Wealth Management’s technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within the company to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank. He/she must be a highly motivated, quality driven engineering architect for the team. The Lead Solution Architect - Trading Platforms will consistently deliver solutions meeting the highest standards. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, this individual will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities across various IS groups.
- Lead end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of wealth management technology solutions. Includes working as an effective liaison between the front office, business units, operations and other technology groups to ensure that client needs are addressed while maintaining alignment to the Bank’s goals and strategy.
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices.
- Provide guidance and inspiration to deliver engaging, innovative, and client-centric wealth management technology solutions.
- Define systems architecture, design techniques and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the future needs of the organization.
- Review other developers’ solutions and assure adherence to the highest quality standards.
- Oversee the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end.
- Hands on experience to perform proof of concept for proposed solutions.
- Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- 10 + years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture
- Working experience on Trading Platform Architecture (Equities, Fixed Income, Alternatives)
- Working experience with Vendor platform integrations (System & Data)
- Domain knowledge in investment management/fund company/portfolio analysis Investment
- Experience on developing Architecture Blueprints
- Working experience with APIs (Micro services, Open Shift Containers, K8s)
- Experience with Event driven architecture
- Working experience on Data processing & Automation frameworks
- Data Virtualization experience (nice to have)
- Deep understanding on foundational aspects (Security, Infrastructure, Monitoring & Governance)
- Experience with Cloud Migration Programs (nice to have)
- Strong business orientation with broad experience in wealth management processes and change initiatives
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing/current operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business
- Knowledge and Understanding of Industry Trends and Best Practices
- Experience with delivering enterprise design patterns and end to end solution for mission critical highly available and scalable application involving vendors, custom development and matrixed IS organization
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.