Lead Software Engineer
Target Remote Location(s): Los Angeles, CA, Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL Annual Salary Range: $150,000.00 + Bonus + Stock Options
This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a Blockchain Startup with newly secured financing from large VC partner. Strong initial compensation, bonus, and company stock options. Opportunity provides a tremendous amount of opportunity both professionally and financially.
We are seeking a Lead Engineer to lead programming efforts and an engineering team. The Lead Engineer is a hands-on role and is responsible for analyzing user specifications and requirements and aiding in defining technical acceptance criteria, producing estimations, developing proof of concepts, coding, testing, and debugging applications.
- Lead efforts to continually develop, improve, refine, and extend a complex financial application.
- Assess and advise possible improvements that and keep abreast of new and emerging technologies that would enable us to continue to build advanced analytics, reporting, and data science platforms.
- Meet/Ensure that deadlines are met, and team members are held accountable within an Agile development environment.
- Lead and provide the architecture, development, and maintenance of the Company’s software products, including platform, engine, and applications.
- Provide expert application design guidance on solution system designs, redesigns for platform, performance, and integration of new technical features and capabilities.
- Develop applications, algorithms and code based on the Company’s software needs.
- Manage the assembly of a team of programmers, testers, and service providers as needed to achieve the Company’s product goals.
- Collaborate with product teams, including the Company’s management, customers and users, among others, to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals.
- Execute code reviews for our core ETL processes, enterprise data warehouse, and reporting tools.
- Collaborate with team members throughout the development process in ensuring best practices and designing scalable analytics infrastructure and data transformation, aggregation processes.
- Be available to interact with customers, investors, and other Company occasional needs, including travel and representing the Company in forums and conferences.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of application architecture experience.
- Direct experience working in a startup and Agile development environment.
- Experience acting as a technical lead, ability to mentor and lead other software engineers.
- Strong experience building and operating large scale, high transaction systems, especially developing using cloud native capabilities, e.g. AWS Lambda or Azure with a preference for AWS.
- A strong technical foundation in ETL processes, data architecture and data warehousing concepts and modeling.
- Working knowledge of Blockchain technology and processes including but not limited to Blockchain setup, smart contracts, and public and private key management.
- Experience working with Docker, Vagrant, Ansible.
- Experience with Redis a plus.
- Substantial experience in working with Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Cascading, and Spark, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Significant programming experience with an emphasis on Python.
- Strong proficiency handling DevOps including experience with server-side-rendered web applications.
- Strong familiarity with REST principles and able to ensure best practices are followed.
- Experience in business continuity and disaster management and recovery.
- Have knowledge of security standards such as SOC-2 and related best practices.
- High intuitive capacity and ability to deal with ambiguous data and information.
- Experience in Supply Chain or Supply Chain Finance a plus but not required.